Friday, February 18, 2011

Embracing My Scars

I have been hiding behind scarves.

It has not mattered where I was going, I added a scarf to each outfit. Riding in the car to go to the bank? Scarf. Heading to the grocery store? Scarf. Driving to see my baby sister? Scarf.

I was incredibly self conscious...especially considering I had the horrible rash. I didn't want anyone to see my ugliness. 

Then yesterday, after talking to Dr. Bad Mustache about my swollen lymph nodes, I decided to lose the damn scarf. Maybe it was the beautiful weather, maybe it was the fact that I was feeling brave, I don't know, but I could not stand the idea of hiding anymore. My rash has finally healed, I'm not black and blue, and I feel a little less like Frankenstein's twin sister.

So, what did I do?

I pulled my hair up and went out with the girls. 

And it felt goooooooooood.

If anyone noticed, they never said a word. 

I like to think they only saw three pretty girls, enjoying good music.

2 comments:

pop said...

WELL I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THREE BUT I DO KNOW THEY SAW TWO, FOR SURE, BUT I BET THEY SAW THREE. TIME TO MOVE ON WITH LIFE AND PEOPLE WILL ONLY SEE YOUR BEAUTY, INSIDE AND OUT, LIKE I'VE SEEN FOR ALMOST 24YRS.

POP

Chelsea said...

:-) Love you, Poppy