Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday in the City

New York is a little different on a Sunday...slower, more peaceful. Don't get me wrong--it is still hectic, but people are less likely to cuss you for slowing down to take a picture! (Kidding...that has not happened...yet.)



Today I had the great pleasure of meeting one of my forum friends--Melanoma & the City!


*I stole the picture from her!
She is an amazing lady.

After our meeting, we decided to stroll around for a while.
Being the bookworm that I am,
I had to go to the New York City Public Library.




I was limited in how much I could take pictures
since I do not know how to turn the flash off of my phone
(I'm still learning...obviously!)
But I had to take these.



We ended our day with a trip to the well known
restaurant.




Everyone was right...
the frozen hot chocolate
is
DELICIOUS!


It has been such a great weekend. I needed a break from the stress and sadness.

Tomorrow I meet with the surgeon to determine if additional surgery is necessary. Again, if she operates, she will be removing ALL of my lymph nodes in 3 areas---both arm pits and the right side of my neck.  I am a little nervous; however, The Wizard seemed confident that she would not insist on more surgery. One part of me says  CUT ME! Get all the cancer out! But then the other part screams OUCH! Whatever she decides I will be comfortable with. After all, she is the doctor!

Stay tuned!


No comments: