Thursday, June 9, 2011

Believing.




As I get ready to head to Sloan Kettering,
I am forcing myself to believe 
that my body has the ability to beat 
this mysterious cancer.
I believe I have the attitude
and support that will allow me
to get through the hard days.
I believe I am stubborn enough
to refuse to let this melanoma
win.
I believe that I will have help
in whatever I decide to do
to try tackle this beast.
I believe I will win.

As I head for the procedure, I am asking that all of you who read this today tell someone about the seriousness of melanoma. Force your best friend to stay out of the tanning bed. Apply extra sunscreen to your boyfriend at the beach. Take your Granny for a walk, decked out in a stylish hat, sunglasses, and protection. Notice an odd mole? Schedule an appointment with a dermatologist.

I realize you think it can't happen to you.

So did I...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelsea

Good Luck Today!! You know you have the ability to believe and overcome!! Its in us all!
randi
www.randisohnomelanoma.blogspot.com

Kate said...

I'm so happy the Wizard of Oz metaphor brought a little hope/strength your way. Thinking of you today! You are so brave, so courageous, so inspirational and I loved your Believe post. You've got this. No matter what.

Sharon (aka: Sassy) said...

You have been uplifted in prayer all day. I hope your biopsy went well this morning. Sending invisible hugs to you.