Friday, July 22, 2011

A Warrior Angel

I am riding home with my mom from round 4 in the chemo suite. Posting on my iPad is a little difficult, but I needed to request thoughts and prayers for a family.

It is with a heavy, heavy heart that I tell you Tina, author of www.paleskinisin.com
 has lost her fight against melanoma today.

(I took this picture from Al, author of


Tina is the definition of a melanoma warrior. She was strong, determined, brave, and kind. Despite the hardships she faced personally, she made time to encourage other warriors to continue their fight with courage AND a smile. She made sure to leave me kind and detailed messages offering her support and advice. My battle was nothing compared to Tina's, but that did not stop her from being a cheerleader.

Tina leaves behind a supportive family, a loving husband, and a precious child. She was only in her 30's...

As I ask you to pray for the strength of Tina's family, I also beg you to spread melanoma awareness. This beautiful and kind woman lost her battle to the "black beast," but it gives us yet another reason to add extra sunscreen to our bodies, it gives you another need to beg your friend to cancel her tanning membership, and it gives you the chance to realize we only have one life to live.

Dear, strong, and beautiful Tina, it is now your time to rest.

3 comments:

Al said...

Well said.

Trudy Jane said...

I am sorry for the loss, but grateful she was able to return to Michigan and be surrounded by friends and family there. Melanoma is a journey...a path you can travel alone or one that is eased by family and loved ones. Tina's path was the latter and she made this old world a better place for being in it. My journey with melanoma is ongoing, but I am doing well and am grateful. Keep blogging and spreading the word.,I hate when people say "Oh , it is just skin cancer!" Trudy Neill of Indiana

Marsha said...

I'm really saddened to hear of Tina's passing, my thoughts are with her family. It's just so wrong that young mums have to leave little children behind.

Marsha x