Saturday, October 29, 2011

Walking For A Cure!


Do you think he's wearing sunscreen?

If not, as my sister pointed out,
he will be bacon soon enough!

As most of you know, I am participating in the Aim at Melanoma walk in Charlotte, NC on November 19th. I am so excited to be a part of this for quite a few reasons. Obviously, melanoma is important to me so anything that raises money for research is something that I wish to participate in. Another reason I am excited is because one of the first melanoma warriors I bonded with is Mrs. Anne. She is the fabulous (seriously...she is wonderful) lady who organized this walk in just a few months.Anne has also raised a big chunk of change to be donated to the organization. Like I said, she's awesome. 

Yesterday she let a great piece of information leak: On November 19th at the AIM for a CURE Melanoma walk in Charlotte, there will be FREE skin checks from 8am-11am provided by Charlotte Dermatology! Before you start to get anxiety about strangers seeing you get checked, the skin checks will take place in a mobile hospital until provided by Carolinas Healthcare Systems, Levine Cancer Institute, and Carolinas MED-1.

I hope to see you there! If you cannot make it, I hope you will mention this great organization to others and encourage them to check it out.

And Anne, I so admire you for your hard work, dedication, and beautiful spirit. I am SO excited to meet you in less than a month!


No comments: