Tuesday, August 14, 2012

15 With a Tanning Membership? Not in New York.

As of tomorrow--August 15, 2012--
teenagers 16 and under in New York
will be no longer be allowed
 to use commercial tanning salons.


Although I wish the ban was for 18 and under, I am happy that New York is taking action. I was 14 when I first started tanning before prom. This would have stopped me. Lives are being saved, friends.


In other news, Helen Gurley Brown, Cosmopolitan’s editor from 1965 until 1997, passed away at age 90. She sounds like she was quite the lady! I absolutely love Cosmo for their Practice Safe Sun Campaign. You should buy one of their bracelets! It goes towards the Melanoma Research Foundation. Rest now, Ms. Brown. (PS--Ms. Brown apparently had an office with pink silk walls...Not gonna lie, I totally want to see it.)

Annnnnd in other news--I feel like crap and I meant to go to bed an hour ago. Crap.

I hope everyone had a wonderful (and sunburn free Tuesday!)

No comments: